December 30, 2010

It's a Christmas Miracle!

...that we survived! I absolutely LOVE Christmas! I love the family parties, the amazing food and treats, the anticipation of Christmas morning and relaxing in my new pj's all day with my sweet babies and Chad. But I honestly have got to be the worst ever procrastinator when it comes to getting ready for the Holidays. I did not actually start my Christmas shopping til the Monday before the big day (yes- 5 days before Christmas). I really thought I'd have more time to go, but Ava is getting too old to take shopping for her own presents (she remembers EVERYTHING), and Nixon is at the worst stage ever to take shopping. He won't sit in the cart anymore and 20 pounds in one hand and shopping with the other while I push the cart with my stomach is just way too much for me now! And Chad is so busy with work and school, it just came down to the wire this year. But needless to say, we survived another Christmas. Ava thought it would be a really good idea to get really really sick on Christmas Eve. So we were up at 3 a.m. in the bathroom with her. Sad day..her new Christmas jammies did not make it to Christmas morning. She was so sick! Luckily she was still really excited to see that Santa made it to our house and she perked up for the presents. Nixon got sick the next day right on cue, so our break was not as relaxing as it could have been. But we were able to spend time with both of our families. We went to North Ogden for a day to be with my family and then headed down to Orem for a day to be with Chad's. Both homes were perfect and it felt like Christmas. We played games, watched movies, made DELICIOUS fondue, went shooting and went to Tangeled. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! Here's to hoping for a Happy New Year!







3 comments:

Angela said...

Looks like a fun Christmas, but I agree with you, we could have definitely done without the sickness part. :) Somehow I missed you last post, definitely keep me on your list when you go private. angtstevens at hotmail dot com.

Amie said...

Jenn I'm glad you had a great Christmas. I too was a little stressed out about Christmas. I told Sean that next year he is in charge of all of the shopping and I am going to stay home with Macy:) Nixon is just a hunk! I wish I could meet him. One of these days we'll hang out. Why does life have to be so busy?! Anyway, love ya girl and Merry Christmas!

Zac and Shelece said...

I am glad to hear I am not the only person that started shopping within the week of Christmas : ) That's sad that she got so sick :( Poor thing. Glad to see you guys had a good Christmas though!!