January 21, 2009

The Best Husband Ever

So for the past 3 years I have wanted a Kitchen Aid. I'll admit that I'm a compulsive Food Network watcher. I know it's pathetic, but I love it! And I'm always wanting to make the breads and rolls and yummy things in a Kitchen Aid. But I have a hard time spending that much money on a mixer, so I've never purchased one. While we were in Texas, Marnie made this incredible honey wheat/oat/flaxseed bread. (I'm not sure what it is called, but it was delicious!) When Chad and I were driving home from the airport we were reminiscing about the bread and I just again mentioned that a Kitchen Aid would be nice to have. Nothing else was even discussed or said about it. On Tuesday while I was at work, Chad called a bunch of stores and did some research on Kitchen Aids. He called his sister Amanda to help him out, too. So they went and picked me out my very own Kitchen Aid. But that's not all! He called Marnie in Texas and got the bread recipe! And then he went to the store and bought all of the ingredients!! (What an amazing man) So when I walked in the door, this is what I saw sitting on my counter in the kitchen.



I was blown away to say the least! I couldn't even say anything. Complete shock! I was so in love with Chad and so impressed by his completely selfless gift to me. It was one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done. So, I got right to work and made some bread!! This was my very first time EVER making bread, so I was really nervous. But I'm very happy to report that it turned out great! It was delicious. Thanks Chaddy! I love you so much!



11 comments:

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

Jen, I'm so glad you loved it. I was so excited when he called me to help. And to make it even better I didn't even help him with that adorable display. The man did it all by himself. I'm so glad your my sister....Love you!

Judi said...

I am so jealous!
I have wanted one of those FOREVER!

I need that bread recipe too!

Tierra said...

Yet again, I'm so jealous! Love the cute apron too. Perhaps you should post the bread recipe right here on your little blog...?

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Hey Jenn!!! How are you doing?? I didn't know you had a blog!! Ava is getting so big. We need to get together soon, it's been so long! Our blog is nandktaylor.blogspot.com if you want to check it out :)

marnie and brett talbot said...

I love the color of the mixer! I am so glad the bread turned out!

Stephanie Hall said...

Hey Jen,
Tierra found me so I found you! What a cute little girl you have! Definitely post the recipe-so I can try it out on my kitchen aide!
ps. how old is Ava?

Kevin and Corinne said...

what a sweetie, sometimes you start to think the romance died after you get married, but then they go and do somthing like this. Way to go Chad!

Sarah said...

I love when husbands do cute things like that. It was fun seeing you guys. Ava is so cute, Michael had fun with her. We need to get them together more often.

Ashley said...

How sweet and thoughtful! And, that bread looks delicious! I wouldn't mind getting the recipe. I would love to get together with you guys when you are up this way. Please call when you are! Do you still have my number? I don't have a cell (I know, so old fashioned), just my home phone.

mcbingham said...

Woo-hoo!! Way to go girl! Not only did you marry one amazing guy...you are such a go-getter! I love it! It looks like you did a great job of breakin' in the Kitchen Aid!

Kevin and Corinne said...

Chad, I just read Corinnes post about this little adventure and I just wanted to tell you to stop it. You are making us all look bad by being a good husband. You are setting the standards for us crappy husbands way too high.