January 26, 2009

Honey Oat Bread

There have been so many requests for this bread recipe so I'm finally getting around to posting it! Sorry it took me so long. I've been busy baking bread... :) This is Marnie's (my sister-in-law) recipe so I'm not sure what it's really called. But thanks Marn for the recipe!

MIX:
2 Cups Warm Water
1/4 Cup + 2 Tbs Honey
1 1/2 Tbs Yeast

WHEN IT GETS BUBBLY, ADD:
4 Tbs Melted Butter
2 tsp Salt (Sea or Kosher)
1/4 Cup Milled Flax Seed
4 1/2 Cups Flour (3 Cups White Flour, 1 1/2 Whole Wheat) (Or you could just use all white if you don't have whole wheat)
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/4 Cup Dry Milk
2 Tbs Wheat Gluten

RAISE:
Until it has doubled in size. Form in 2 bread pans and let it raise again

BAKE:
@ 350 For 25 Minutes

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Kourtney and Nathan said...

Hey Jenn!! What a good wife and mom you are, cooking bread!! I wish I could cook bread, someday I will try :) We are still in Layton, just working till Nate's done with school. What are you guys up to? We really need to get together sometime soon, I hope!

Tierra said...

Jenn I made your bread last night--so good! I don't have a cute husband to buy me a kitchenaid so I had to do it by hand and probably didn't mix it enough but it turned out alright. Thanks!

Judi said...

yum, thanks---where did you get your adorable background?

Phannie said...

Jennilyn and Chad,
I found your blog from Jake and Sara's. You two look great. And your little girl Ava is adorable. Ya'll are such a happy fam. And Chad, great job on the Kitchen Aid Surprise. That was Awesome. Have a wonderful week.
sandmhartley.blogspot.com
Stephanie