March 31, 2009

My 57 Year Old Father




My dad turned 57 years old in January. For those of you who know him, no preface is needed. But for those of you who don't, my dad is amazing. I know that because he is my father I put him on a pedastool (which Chad, bless his heart, is always trying to measure up to). In my eyes my dad can do no wrong. In fact, I've honestly never met a person that didn't like my dad. I'm not just trying to make him sound good, he just is. I could go on and on about him because enough can't be said to display the kind of man he is. But this post is dedicated to my dad who is always looking for the next challenge to take on. About a year ago Dad started training for triathlons. He's always been an amazing athlete, but with time has lessened his involvement with church and city league sports. The past 5 years my parents served as temple workers before handing in missionary papers to serve at the conference center. So his schedule is less and less permitting of sports, etc. This past weekend there was a triathlon here in American Fork. My dad and Becky decided to do it together, but Becky bailed! So my dad just decided to do it by himself. This was the first race I've seen my dad accomplish. It was so much fun for us to be his cheerleaders. Chad and Ava and I were able to watch the whole thing. Becky and her family were also there to cheer on Dad. And of course my mom was there as his good luck charm! It was so much fun to see him excel at yet another new achievement. Here are just some fun pictures and clips of the race. I love my dad!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your dad really is great! I don't think I've ever seen him in a bad mood. The triathalon is pretty impressive!!

Ashley said...

I will have to agree- you have an awesome dad. He has always been so pleasant and fun to be around. Good for him!! Oh- and the new pictures of Ava are so so cute! James really needs to meet her- we need to get together!!!

Kevin and Corinne said...

i freakin love your parents!