December 01, 2009

Home for the Holidays


So the reason that I have been so lame at keeping on top of blogging is that we recently moved to Ogden. It happened really fast and was way unexpected. Chad is considered self-employed being a financial advisor...which means that we have private insurance...which as most of you know is ridiculously expensive. Our monthly premiums and deductible have been so crazy, but we were just dealing with it. So then Chad was offered this job in Ogden where he can still do his financial planning and work for this company that offers full benefits from day 1. So this has been a HUGE blessing for our family! We have been really happy with everything. It just happened so fast, that we're just barely feeling settled. We found out on a Friday that Chad got the job and we moved on Saturday. We feel really lucky to end up where we did and how everything is coming together. I have loved being close to my family. Ava loves it up here with all of her cousins so close, too. So that's the deal- we live in Ogden right by the mouth of the Canyon. Our view is beautiful, our ceilings are vaulted, and my parents are 10 minutes away. I have no complaints. All of our furniture isn't here yet, so I'm going to hold off on pics of the inside until my house is put together.. So here is how it looks from the outside. I am really really really going to miss my family and friends and young women in Orem. A lot... We were down there for 4 years, so it's a huge change not to be right there by them. I loved our ward and being close to Chad's family. I will miss it a lot. We are just going to focus on starting here in Ogden and getting ready for our baby boy!

8 comments:

Tierra said...

HOW EXCITING!
I'm so happy for you, and your house looks so cute!

Brett Talbot said...

yipee!!!!!

Birrell Family said...

We miss you but can plan the Christmas party around your trip to Orem. Love you!

Kourtney and Nathan said...

I'm excited you are up this way!! We need to get together, it's crazy with the holidays, but hopefully soon!!!

leslie said...

love it. now you're really going to have to come down this way to visit. give me a call and we can talk about park city. it was a blast, and for sure i have some ideas on things you need to splurge on!

Sarah said...

Your house is cute, we'll miss you down here though.

The Garcia's said...

Cute house! ...but I miss you guys!!! :(...Let me know when you are coming down to Orem so we can hang out.

The Loveridge Family said...

What a cute house! We are so excited for you guys. By the way, could you email me your new address? sarawoodcox@hotmail.com

Hope your doing well!