October 10, 2009

Home-Made Sushi

If you have met Chad and the topic of food has ever come up, then you know that he LOVES sushi. We are currently in the middle of a very fun "challenge" we are having with Jake and Amanda. We are all Food Network fanatics and thought we'd get a little creative with our cooking. Each of us will be taking a night and making a completely new meal we've never made and serve the rest of us. Amanda started things out with an awesome meal with these delicious sweet potato fries and black bean burgers. Chad was next. And if you let my husband get a little creative, he'll go nuts. He stinking made sushi. I'm not a sushi-eater myself, but he loved it. It was well-received and Chad did a really great job. I was way impressed he pulled it off. He was also very proud of himself, so we took some pictures to brag. One of the rolls is a Teriyaki chicken roll with avocado and cream cheese. His other roll was crab, avocado, cucumber and cream cheese. They were topped with unagi sauce (whatever that is). Anyway, my turn is next so it's going to be hard to top how gourmet his meal was.




4 comments:

The Garcia's said...

Wow sushi! Good job Chad, it looks good! I look forward on reading about what you will make Jennilyn.... and please pass on the good recipe's you come across.

Kevin and Corinne said...

chad, you are making all of us look bad. jk. way to go. Jen, call me sometime this next week, Kevin and I would love to come down and take you out for your birthday ish. (Since I know Chad has first dibs on your actual birthday). Also, When you find out what baby Talbot is Sawyer or Jen Jr., I better getting a phone call day or night......

Kourtney and Nathan said...

That's awesome! We'll have to have sushi sometime, Nate loves it. I, like you, am not a fan, but Nate absolutely loves it!

leslie said...

nice posts girl! love the one of ava on the potty. so cute. anyway, thanks for lunch today. it was way fun. come to st. george!