March 11, 2010

Blessed

So let me just take a minute and tell you how much reality has set in over the last 24 hours. I went to the doctor yesterday and I am dilated to a 1 and we scheduled to be induced March 30th if he doesn't come sooner. I have made my list of things to get done before he gets here. I have been reviewing my books on labor and delivery. His room is almost ready. His clothes are washed and put away. And physically, I am exhausted and so done being pregnant. It's so funny how I've been so wrapped up in checking things off my to-do list that the reality of having another baby has gotten lost in the chaos. It has been almost overwhelming to stop and think about the magnitude of having a baby - the responsibility of the Lord's trust to raise His son the way He would want me to. Chad and I feel so incredibly blessed to be given a baby and know it is not something to be taken lightly. Nothing in my entire life has made me as happy as I have been with being a mom to Ava. I can't even imagine how much joy another baby will bring into our home. I feel so lucky and truly happy.

2 comments:

lynette said...

I am thinking about you and can't wait to hear the news when he is here. You are a sweet mom. There is nothing better than a little newborn. Can't take anything for granted. Miss you, so glad I can read your blog.

Zac and Shelece said...

I am so excited for you to have another baby, it is very overwelming at times to think about everything you need to teach them and try to help them become the people God wants them to become, but with faith and a lot of prayers it will be okay : ) Good luck on the delivery, i am so excited for you guys!!