March 23, 2010

Passing the time...

Every morning I wake up wondering if today will be the day I get to meet my little baby boy. My water broke with Ava just before 39 weeks, so I'm constantly waiting for my water to break wherever I go. I know that that's ridiculous, but being so close to the end, it's all I think about. Ava and I spend our days working on our checklists that I make daily just to pretty much pass the time. (And who doesn't like checklists..especially mine which entail showering, making my bed, brushing my teeth, etc. - simple every-day things that I put on the list just because I like to check them off.. In fact, some days I put things on my checklist that I've already done, just because I like to mark it off) Anyway, on my checklist the other day was to paint my toe nails. Ava and I usually paint our nails about once a week. This little mommy/daughter tradition has been getting more difficult each week with my inability to reach my feet. So this week we included Chad. He was such a good sport. I just love him. He did a really good job and it makes me smile to see him do things just to make me happy. Thanks love!

5 comments:

mcbingham said...

I love the nail painting tradition...I can see it now..your own little spa time once a week! Oh and Chad definitely wins the sweet husband award. I imagine that would be kinda difficult to reach your toes/see them by the end. :) I get your list making and totally find satisfaction in checking off things on my own lists. I discovered stickies on the macbook and love it! Hope that water breaks soon. Love ya girl!

Amanda and Jake Matagi said...

Oh my gosh I miss you guys so much. I can't wait to see you all next weekend and hold my new nephew!

Clint and Sheri said...

What a cute daddy. There is nothing sweeter than Daddy's with their little girls. What a sad winter for you! Poor little Ava girl. What a sweetheart tucking herself in at the bottom of your bed. We do need to get together again! Prob after you have your lil one! We were thinking it might be fun to hang out with you guys and Gavin And Tawnya cause we love hanging out with them!

Ashley said...

What a sweet husband/dad. I am so so excited for you! So close to the end. Good luck with everything!

lynette said...

Miss you, and can't wait for you to tell us that your baby boy is here. Good luck with everything. Ava is going to be a sweet big sister. Cute toes and pretty sweet.